The DIGS-BB Summer School on Lipids function in cell, tissue & organ biology is a new initiative of the Dresden International Graduate School for Biomedicine and Bioengineering (DIGS-BB) at the Technische Universität Dresden (TUD). It aims at giving insight in the overarching role of lipids in metabolism, health and disease, and at offering a window to our international PhD program, the unique collaborative scientific environment on the campus and the beautiful city of Dresden.
The Summer School 2020 will partly integrate the EMBO Practical Course on Methods for studying lipids in cell biology. with top notch speakers and aims at Bachelor students and Master students.
The program consists of lectures given by local, external and alumni researchers, a poster/10 min talks session, as well as joint talks and social program with the EMBO Practical Course.
For excellent students, all-inclusive grants (travel support, accommodation, participation) will be available. We look for lipid and membrane research interested students of all scientific backgrounds, from pure physics, chemistry, biology to biophysics, biochemistry, cell biology as well as all computational disciplines.
The application for the school is via this online application system. You will be asked to provide:
- motivation for your participation in the school (why, gain and own input)
- short up-to-date CV with list of publications (if any)
- transcripts from BSc and/or Master studies (with grades)
- title, author list and abstract of your scientific contribution (poster/talk)
- The email address of at least one referee. Ideally from your supervisor/s